Scott's and my trip to Hong Kong and Indonesia with the Santa Fe Weaving Gallery


Saturday, May 16, 2009

C&S Arrive in Hong Kong and Meet Marco Polo






It is now 6:30pm on Saturday May 16 and Scott and I have arrived safely in Hong Kong.  We had a great flight on Cathay Pacific in Business Class.  Worth saving all those frequent flyer points for.  It's a 15 hr 55 minute flight non-stop from JFK.  We had these little pod-like seats arranged in a herring-bone pattern and Scott and I were across the aisle from each other.  Scott looks uncomfortable, doesn't he?  Our route went over the North Pole, then down over Ulan Bator, then over Beijing and finally into HK.  Took about 1/2 hr by taxi to the Marco Polo hotel on the Kowloon side.  Our room wasn't ready so we walked along the esplanade and had a beer.  It's going to be a temperature adjustment for us since HK is warm and humid and NY has been so cool and rainy.  We walked past the Intercontinental where C&C will be staying tonight.  On our way back to the hotel we stopped in the Penninsula and made a res for dinner at 7:45 at Felix where we will hopefully see the light show on the buildings on the Hong Kong side.  Turns out our little room has a pretty good view of its own.  Here's what we see from our window at the Marco Polo. 

1 comment:

  1. I haven't the foggiest notion how this system works, but it looks awfully impressive, so I'll give it a go . . .

    Wow! This is absolutely my favoritest way to travel! Think of it: You, Scott, and I get to see the same things and learn about the same experiences; yet, my portfolio is reduced only by the declining market, I can't catch whatever is available on an enclosed airplane, and I take off my shoes only in the comfort of my apartment and not within an airport queue of total strangers. This is my idea of luxury travel! At the end of it all, we'll both have only memories to show for it: Total Recall. Yeh. Can't wait for the next great experience!

    What's for dinner?

    B

    ReplyDelete

Things to Remember

  • Nusi Goreng everywhere
  • Electricity: Bali uses the same plugs as France (two long round prongs)
  • Herbal Pounding at the Maya Ubud Resort
  • Tee Dot Mao = I don't want it!